8 Blogging Pet Peeves

Please don’t email me asking to guest post when it states on my blog ‘I am not currently accepting guest posts’ – All this does is highlight the fact that you’ve sent this exact email to fifty other bloggers, having done no research into their blog

Their/there/they’re – It’s so simple. If you’re going to write, please learn the differences between their, there and they’re. UGH

If I don’t reply to your message, that means I’m busy. Don’t send me constant messages until I reply. – I guess this applies to general life too but this has become awful since I started blogging. I work full time as well as writing, I can’t reply to the ten text messages you’ve sent me in the last three hours.

People who pay for followers and then get shit loads of paid work with brands because they’re ‘influencers’ – You ain’t influencin’ nobody. Fake followers don’t count.

‘Positivity’ – Bleugh. Why is there this thing that bloggers have to be positive all the time? This is real life. I write about mental health. No, it’s not all positive and yes, if I want to moan on Twitter about what a shitty day I’m having, I will. We are real human people with real human lives. We feel things. We have shitty times. You’re not being very positive when you’re slagging people off for being ‘negative’ and writing indirect tweets about them, are you?

Don’t copy my work and claim it as your own. – GOD this is annoying. People say that copying is the ultimate flattery or something but I don’t find it flattering at all I find it downright rude.

Follow – Unfollow – If you’re going to follow me on Twitter or Instagram and then unfollow me 24 hours later, you’re blocked.

Automated DMs – Just don’t do it. It’s the least personal thing you could possibly send your followers and GOD it’s annoying.

I was in a bad mood when I wrote this, can you tell?

1. January 29, 2017 / 1:11 pm

Hahaha yes Hannah! Keeping it real and saying what we all think, loved it!

2. January 29, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Loved this post! I can’t stand the whole follow/unfollow thing! I don’t get how people can feel good about themselves when they do that.

3. January 30, 2017 / 1:18 pm

I agree with every single peeve you just shared. Like you, I share my difficult days on my mental health blog, which, as you know, can be really tough to deal with at times. I separate this from positivity challenges of trying to improve one’s mindset and condition, but hate it when people don’t understand that by definition, mental health causes us great distress and that we don’t actually ”like it” or ”seeking attention”.

To the second peeve, I add to try one’s best in diction and spelling – I forgive in cases of non-anglophone natives, but I find it extremely annoying to read ill-chosen forms for such words as ‘their’ and the others you listed from those who should know better… the examples abound, unfortunately.

I love your blog and your authenticity – never change that on anyone’s account 🙂

4. January 30, 2017 / 1:30 pm

Oh honey I can feel your annoyance. I think a big pet peeve for is all those one word comments. Lovely. Great. Surely you can say more than that.

Tomikaydoesbeauty.com

5. January 30, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Auto DMs and follow then unfollowing you hours later are the ones on your list that bugs me the most! I’ve stopped adding people that have just a few followers and 57873145 followers as you know that once you click on follow they will be clicking on their tab to unfollow! So annoying!!

The Life of Dee

6. February 6, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Hahaha love this fake followers and auto DMs are my worst!